Join us for Sunset Yoga on the rooftop of a local winery and vineyard. After an invigorating Vinyasa Flow class by Pop Up Yoga NYC, enjoy a 4 wine tasting (included!) with the wine experts as we watch the sun set over Manhattan. Choose the VIP ticket to stay for the movie screening afterwards!
Bring a yoga mat and water.
6:45-7:00PM: Check in, set your mat up
7:00-8:00PM: Yoga class
8:00-9:00PM: Wine tasting and sunset photo taking
9:00-10:30PM: Movie screening
1. From the York St. F Train Station, make a right onto York St.
2. York St. will become Navy St. after a bend to the right in the road.
3. After passing the NYC impound, you will see the Sand St. Entrance of the Navy Yard.
4. Continue straight on the entrance road, then take the right fork when you come to it. .
5. Follow the right fork and continue on to the left side of the building where you will enter the double doors.
Do you have to walk four flights of stairs to the rooftop? Yes, but don’t worry. This Rooftop Winery experience is like none other*
About your host: Rooftop Reds
In the spring of 2015, Rooftop Reds introduced the world’s first commercially viable urban rooftop vineyard in New York City. Our mission is ambitious, going well beyond merely bringing viticulture to the urban agriculture industry. Rooftop Reds will spearhead the New York State innovative wine market and plant the seeds for a new generation of viticulture enthusiasts.
The Brooklyn Navy Yard might not be exactly what comes to mind when envisioning a terroir that is suitable for viticulture. But with the help of Finger Lakes industry leaders and Cornell University, we have developed an urban planter system that is the first of its kind. Rooftop Reds has commissioned 42 of these state-of-the-art planters to fill our 14,800 square-foot rooftop at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. With these in place, production of a sustainable and completely Brooklyn vintage will be possible.
About your yogis from Pop Up Yoga NYC:
OutdoorFest’s Official Yoga Partner, Pop Up Yoga brings yoga to urban spaces. Live life better, stronger, and happier.